My name is Eeli-Ethel Polli and I am native Estonian artist who is living and working in Denmark. I moved to Denmark 11 years ago, married Danish photographer Rune and have two lovely sons Tristan and Oliver.
I have always been creative, been grown up in artist family, father, mother, 2 grandparents and my sister are artists. I started to paint beside my father when I was 4 years old, went to art schools and studied art in university in Tallinn.
Beside my artist life, I have been working 15 years as news graphic designer and illustrator in different newspapers and news agency MCT Information Services and now I design also big interior wallpapers to different companies.
In the moment I work mostly with acrylic mixed media paintings, I use newspapers, acrylic paint, paperclips, my own drawings, watercolors, old letters, and photos to create a new artwork. Why is my work special, I take some elements of my old paintings, drawings, found elements and make some new compositions. I use transfer- and watercolor-technique to paint my paintings layer onto layer. I paint so many layers until I have a finished piece.
I am fascinated of colors. I find inspiration in daily life and ideas just come to me. I am not waiting for an inspiring day; I just start working, also if I only paint dots.
Date of birth: Tartu, Estonia, October 7, 1973. Been living in Denmark since 2000.
Selection of exhibitions:
- 2010 December-January, Christmas-New Year Exhibition in Copenhagen, Gallery Krebsen, Denmark.
- 2009 May, Open House exhibition in Brighton, U.K.
- 2009 April, Vendsyssel eastern exhibition, Hjørring (juried exhibition)
- 2008 October, Art Society Limfjord juried fall exhibition, Struer (juried exhibition)
- 2008 September, Danfoss art society
- 2008 July 11 - August 24, International Watercolour Biennial “Baltic Bridges. Displacements” in Kaunas, Lithuania (juried exhibition)
- 2008 May, VK-Udstilling in Holbæk (juried exhibition)
- 2008 February, Danske Bank Langenaes department in Aarhus
- 2007-2008 November-January, Group exhibitions ”After the Fall” in GalleryV58 in Aarhus
- 2007-2008 December-February, Citygallery in Viljandi, Estonia
- 2007 August, Silkeborg Cityhall art society
- 2007 August, Gallery Indigo in Tallinn
- 2007 Spring, Esbjerg Implant Center
- 2007 April-May, Danske Bank Sondre department in Aarhus
- 2006-2007 December-January, Sydvestjysk Hospital art society in Esbjerg
- 2003-2006 Aarhus Art Academy Gallery
- 2005 November, Gallery Indigo in Tallinn, Estonia
- 2002 December, Business Center in Tallinn
- 2000 June, TEA Language school in Tallinn
- 1999 June, Art Gallery in Pedagogical University in Tallinn
- 1993-2000 every summer Art Marked in Tallinns old town
- Sold to private collectors
- 1993-99 BA in art, art education og and psychology, Tallinn University in Estonia (Faculty of Fine Arts, Department of Art)
- 2012 Creative Courage e-course, teacher Stephanie Levy
- 2012 Find Your passion e-course, teacher coach Pernille Melsted
- 2011 Blogging Your Way e-course, teacher Holly Becker and Leslie Shewring
- 2010 Acryl Mixed Media course in Aarhus, teacher Line Juhl Hansen
- 2008 Photo emulsion course in Højbjerg Photografical Studio, teacher Inge Lise Rasmussen
- 2003-2007 Watercolour-course in Aarhus Art Academy, teacher Lis Walter
- 2002 Photo-course in Aarhus City school, teacher Ulla Jensen
- 1996 Tree-sculpture workshop in Estonia
- 1994 Snow-sculpture workshop in Estonia
- 1993 Spring, Art-course in Vraa National (Folk) school
- Different design-workshops in Germany, Denmark and Spain
Bodies of work: Acryl-mixed media collage pictures, nature inspired oil- and acrylic paintings and commissioned works by private individuals
Traveling: Longer trips to U.S. Norway, Germany, Estonia, Russia, Finland, Sweden, Italy, France, Spain, U.K., Austria, Holland, Poland, Latvia, Lithuania
Work: Illustrator MCT Graphics Europe until 2009 (before KRT Graphics Europe), Estonian newspapers Postimees, Eesti Päevaleht and news magazine Luup, art teacher in different art schools in Tallinn.
Publications, memberships, prizes:
- 2002 Postimees (biggest newspaper in Estonia), article about solo-exhibition
- Nordic Watercolour Society member
- Society for Newsdesing Scandinavias (SNDs) member
- Reuters illustrator prize, 1998
- Malofiej World news graphics awards, 2000-2006